This Is 40 is a 2012 American spin-off comedy film written, co-produced and directed by Judd Apatow. It is a stand-alone sequel to the 2007 film Knocked Up and stars Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann.
Pete (Paul Rudd) and Debbie (Leslie Mann) are turning 40. But instead of celebrating, they’re mired in a mid-life crisis with unruly kids, debt and unhappiness mounding. Pete’s record label is failing and Debbie is unable to come to terms with her aging body. As Pete’s 40th birthday party arrives, Pete and Debbie are going to have to rely on family, friends, employees, fitness trainers, aging rockers and ultimately each other to come to terms with life at age 40. Written by napierslogs
- The main characters from “Knocked Up”, Ben (Seth Rogen) and Alison (Katherine Heigl), do not appear in this “sort-of sequel”, but references to both characters are made: A picture of Alison can be seen on the wall and Pete mentions getting marijuana cookies from Ben. Three other, more minor characters from Knocked Up, do appear in this movie as well: Charlyne Yi’s character Jodi (an amiable stoner in Knocked up; now an employee in Debbie’s store), Jason Segal’s character Jason (one of Ben’s best friends with a crush on Debbie in Knocked Up; now Debbie’s persona trainer) and Tim Bagley reprises his role as OB/GYN Dr. Pellagrino.
- Pete (Paul Rudd) makes a joke comparing his sexual prowess to that of ‘David Schwimmer’ (and Ross, Schwimmer’s character from “Friends”) in a way that makes it clear that he thinks that neither Pete nor Schwimmer are very good in bed. A spokeswoman for Schwimmer told the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper that Schwimmer was not asked beforehand if he would be okay with being the butt of that joke, but Judd Apatow clarified that he didn’t mean anything insulting by it; just that Schwimmer is an example of a famous person who is more like Apatow. Paul Rudd was a regular guest star on “Friends” during the show’s last two seasons.
- Sadie is a big fan of Lost and Jack (Matthew Fox) is repeatedly shown on screen. In Knocked Up, Ben is very disparaging about Matthew Fox, saying there is nothing interesting about him.
- According to Judd Apatow on the DVD commentary, the man who Megan Fox hooks up with at the store is played by Bill Hader.
- Leslie Mann and ‘John Lithgow’ play daughter and father, respectively, in this movie. They played a married couple in the movie Orange County.
This Is 40 is an awesome Movie. We have selected the 15 best This Is 40 wallpapers. Download below a high quality This Is 40 wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.