The Hobbit is an upcoming film series consisting of three epic fantasy-adventure films directed, co-written and produced by Peter Jackson and based on J. R. R. Tolkien’s fantasy novel of the same name.
Bilbo Baggins is swept into a quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever … Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum’s “precious” ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities … Written by Production
- Bilbo Baggins was about 51½ years old at the time of The Hobbit.
- Hobbits called themselves “kuduk” in their own language.
- Tolkien meant the name Bag-End, from a hobbit’s point of view, to be associated with the end of a bag, as in a ‘cul-de-sac’.
- Tolkien had an aunt whose farm was nicknamed Bag-End.
- Bag-End was a luxurious hobbit-hole and was envied by many, especially Bilbo’s cousins, the Sackville-Bagginses.
- Bilbo’s dad was called Bungo Baggins. His mom was Primula Took. It was said he got his sensibility from his Baggins side, and his curiousness for adventure from his Took side.
- Bilbo Baggins was the first hobbit to become famous in the world outside the Shire.
- There are three main kinds of hobbit: Harfoots, Fallowhides and Stoors.
- Hobbiton was one of the oldest villages in the Shire. It was built on a hill. With Bywater, it formed a single community.
- Bilbo’s hobbit-hole of Bag-End was in a neighbourhood called Under-Hill. All the holes in this neighbourhood were dug into Hobbiton Hill.
- An ancestor of Bilbo was called Bandobras Took. He was a huge hobbit (4 feet, 5 inches tall) who became famous for killing the goblin chieftan Golfimbul in the Battle of Greenfields. After this battle, Bandobras was nicknamed Bullroarer Took.
- Rivendell was a refuge for elves which was situated in a valley. It was founded by Elrond who had been fleeing a great war.
- Elrond was thousands of years old at the time of The Hobbit.
- Elrond was also known as Elrond Peredhil (Half-elven).
- “Elrond” means “Elf of the Cave” in Sindarin. As a child, when he and his twin brother Elros were rescued after fleeing a battle, he was found playing in a cave beneath a waterfall, and so received his name.
- Rivendell was a place of quiet meditation, scholarly learning, but also merriment – especially music and singing.
- Rivendell is called “Imladris” in Sindarin.
- The Misty Mountains are about 1440km long – nearly the length of New Zealand!
The Hobbit is an awesome Movie. We have selected the 15 best The Hobbit wallpapers. Download below a high quality The Hobbit wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.