Ted is a 2012 American comedy film, directed, co-produced and co-written by Seth MacFarlane, starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane in leading roles. The supporting cast includes Joel McHale and Giovanni Ribisi.
John makes a Christmas miracle happen by bringing his one and only friend to life, his teddy bear. The two grow up together and John must then choose to stay with his girlfriend or keep his friendship with his crude and extremely inappropriate teddy bear, Ted.
- First live-action project directed by Seth MacFarlane.
- Various teddy bears were used as stand-ins for post-production editing. Ted’s movements were done by Seth MacFarlane through motion capture.
- The “white trash girls names” scene was done in a few takes without having any cue cards for Mark Wahlberg, who wrote down a wide number of female names that sound “white trash”.
- The film was originally scheduled for release on July 13, 2012, but was moved up to June 29, the original intended release date of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which had been pushed back to March 29, 2013 for re-shoots.
- Shipped to theaters under the title “Thunder Buddies”.
- The AL East standings on the Green Monster at Fenway Park indicate the scene was shot the night of May 23, 2011.
- At the end of the movie the narrator states that Sam J. Jones moved in with Brandon Routh. Both actors stared in a movie as the title characters based on a comic book with Jones in Flash Gordon and Routh in Superman Returns. There were plans for a follow up to both films, but they were scrapped when their studio was disappointed with their box office gross despite having a warm reception from fans and critics.
- At one point in the movie, Ted mentions 9/11. ‘Mark Wahlberg’ and Seth MacFarlane both narrowly missed being on the planes that hit the World Trade Center. Wahlberg was booked on American Airlines Flight 11 but decided to drive up to New York and fly to California later. McFarlane was scheduled on the same flight but arrived to gate ten minutes late and was unable to board. He was sitting in the airport when he saw that his plane had hit the North Tower of the World trade center.
- For voice actress Tara Strong this is her first live-action role since National Lampoon’s Senior Trip. She voiced Ted’s “I love you” function.
- The integrated archive footage of Ted on “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” was originally first broadcast on February 29, 1984. Johnny’s actual guest that night was Emmanuel Lewis. This can easily be determined by when Johnny, upon Ted’s arrival, says, “I thought you’d be taller.” Although Ted responded, “I thought you were gonna be funnier,” Emmanuel’s actual response was, “Me too.”
- Near the end of the movie, when Lori looks outside the window and up to the stars, you can see the constellation Ursa Minor, which means Little Bear, in the upper left corner.
- The man who charges the stage at the Nora Jones concert is in real life Shawn Thornton, as of the 2012 season, a member of the Boston Bruins. Thornton is known for being the tough guy bully of the team and leads the Bruins in fights.
Ted is an awesome Cartoon. We have selected the 15 best Ted wallpapers. Download below a high quality Ted wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.