Pitch Perfect is a 2012 American musical comedy film directed by Jason Moore. The screenplay was written by Kay Cannon.
The Barden Bellas are a collegiate, all-girls a cappella singing group thriving on female pop songs and their perfect looks. After a disastrous failing at last year’s finals, they are forced to regroup. Among the new recruits is freshman Beca, an independent, aspiring DJ with no interest in the college life. But after she meets Jesse, from the rival all-male a cappella group, Beca has a new outlook and takes it upon herself to help the Bellas find their new look and sound and get back into the competition.
- One of the movie’s lines refers to being “pitch slapped.” Kelley Jakle competed on The Sing-Off with the Backbeats, and one of their opponents was Pitch Slapped.
- A special screening of the film was held on 25 September 2012 at the LSU Student Union Theater because parts of the movie were filmed on LSU’s campus. The turnout for the screening was so great that only a little more than half of the students in line got in to see the movie. The producer saw that there were more students wanting to see the film and allowed a second showing immediately following the first.
- The role of Gail was originally written for Kristen Wiig but she declined due to scheduling conflicts. Elizabeth Banks, one of the film’s producers, eventually took the role.
- ICCAs stands for International Competition of Collegiate A Cappella.
- The other two Barden a cappella groups are the BU Harmonics and the High Notes.
- Beca has an Allen Ginsberg poster in her dorm room.
- The gas station the girls’ bus stops at is actually a Kean’s dry cleaners in Baton Rouge, La.
- Brittany Snow said that Rebel Wilson improvised most of her lines and would go on 20 minute tangents that would have the whole cast and crew in stitches.
- During the Riff-Off, Ester Dean sings S&M, which was co-written by her.
- During the celebration party of the a cappella groups, you will see in the far right side of the shot that Chloe (Brittany Snow) is kissing the guy who was with her at the shower.
- In the Riff-Off scene, one of the categories is “Song Ruined By Glee”. Anna Camp (Aubrey) guest starred in one episode of Glee in 2009.
- Despite what Anna Kendrick’s character claims in the movie, Vader (of Darth Vader) does not mean ‘father’ in German, but it does in Dutch. Both the Dutch ‘vader’ and the German ‘Vater’ are pronounced with the ‘a’ as in ‘far’, instead of the ‘a’ as in ‘later’. In the German dubbed version of the film this was changed, and Kendrick says that Vader means ‘father’ in Dutch.
- Anna Kendrick said on the Late Show with David Letterman that she learned her audition song “You’re Going to Miss Me When I’m Gone” performed with the plastic cup from a viral video. It was incorporated into the movie after the producers learned she already knew how to do it.
- When Beca (Anna Kendrick) enters the campus radio station for the first time, a voice is heard saying “95.7 WBUJ” and the slogan “music for the independent mind.” This is actually the slogan of 88.9 WERS, the Emerson College radio station.
- Adam DeVine, who plays the character ‘Bumper’, accidentally hit a cameraman with one of the burritos he had to throw out of the bus.
Pitch Perfect is an awesome Movie. We have selected the 15 best Pitch Perfect wallpapers. Download below a high quality Pitch Perfect wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.