Nikita is an American television series that has aired on The CW Television Network since September 9, 2010 in the United States.
When she was a deeply troubled teenager, Nikita was rescued from death row by a secret U.S. agency known only as Division, who faked her execution and told her she was being given a second chance to start a new life and serve her country. What they didn’t tell her was that she was being trained as a spy and assassin. Throughout her grueling training at Division, Nikita never lost her humanity, even falling in love with a civilian. When her fiancé was murdered, Nikita realized she had been betrayed and her dreams shattered by the only people she thought she could trust, so she did what no one else before her had been able to do: she escaped. Now, after three years in hiding, Nikita is seeking retribution and making it clear to her former bosses that she will stop at nothing to expose and destroy their covert operation. Written by The CW
- Although the storyline is set in New York, everything is filmed in Toronto, Canada.
- Alberta Watson who plays the part of Senator Madeline Pierce also played a character named Madeline in the 1997-2001 TV-Series La Femme Nikita. Storywise, Madeline then is what Amanda is now.
- Peter Outerbridge portrays villain Ari Tasarov. In the original series “La Femme Nikita”, Outerbridge portrayed a Section One Agent named Roger in the Season One episode “Treason”. As well, Harris Yulin, Admirel Bruce Winnick on “Nikita”, played Gregory Kessler in the Season One episode “Gambit”. Both Yulin and Alberta Watson (Senator Madeline Pierce) appeared in that episode as rivals.
- Ari Tasarov is the leader of a terrorist syndicate known as Gogol. This is likely a reference to the character General Gogol (played by Walter Gotell) from the James Bond series. Gogol and Tasarov also resemble the evil organization SPECTRE and its leader, Ernst Stavro Blofeld from the Bond series as well.
- Nikita is lead down a false trail to a man whom she believes is her father, Richard Ellison (played by David Keith), in Season 2 episode 6 “343 Walnut Lane” who turns out to be a fake. In the original series, “La Femme Nikita”, Nikita believes the leader of Center, Mr. Jones, is her father, but discovers he is an actor and a proxy for the real Mr. Jones.
- After Percy escapes from his plastic cell, he dons the exact same outfit worn by Harry Lime (played by Orson Welles) in The Third Man.
- The character of Carla (Erica Gimpel) is a hybrid of two characters from the original “La Femme Nikita”; Carla, Nikita’s trusted friend and neighbor from Season One, and Adrian, the creator of Section One from Season Two.
- Maggie Q is the first Asian-American actress to star as the main character in an American drama series.
Nikita is an awesome TV Show. We have selected the 15 best Nikita wallpapers. Download below a high quality Nikita wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.