My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is an animated television series produced by Hasbro Studios in the United States and a DHX Media’s studio located in Vancouver, which is based on Hasbro, Inc’s My Little Pony line of toys and animated works.
In the land of Equestria, Princess Celestia’s apprentice Twilight Sparkle is sent to Ponyville to learn about the importance of friendship.
- Rainbow Dash is the only main character to feature a “cutie mark” that is a single symbol. Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie all have “cutie marks” that are displayed in a cluster of three. Twilight Sparkle has a huge sparkle surrounded by five little sparkles.
- Almost all of the main voice actors have worked on previous versions of My Little Pony.
- All of Applejack’s family members are named after apples; Granny Smith, Big Macintosh, Braeburn, etc.
- Some of the cities mentioned in the series are puns: Fillydelphia, Manehattan, Baltimare, Las Pegasus, and Cloudsdale.
- The phrase “My little ponies” is used several times to describe secondary characters, the Cutie Mark Crusaders; Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle
- Producer Lauren Faust developed this series with the goal of creating a more sophisticated version of the My Little Pony franchise with more realistic and proactive characters than the usual sexist stereotypes she saw in earlier incarnations. As it happened, she surpassed this goal that in addition to the primary young girl audience, the series also gained a significant adult male cult fan following nicknamed “Bronies.” Furthermore, this particular following was encouraged with the copyright owner, Hasbro, tolerating the numerous online fan parodies and tributes while the broadcast network, The Hub, ran specific promotional campaigns designed to appeal to this adult audience.
- Andrea Libman does Fluttershy’s singing voice, but not Pinkie Pie’s. She stated the reason is because Pinkie Pie’s high pitched voice tends to be a strain and that singing with it really hurts her throat.
- Fans of the show outside the target demographic are often called “bronies”. This is a combination of the words “bro” and “pony”.
- Pinkie Pie’s full name is Pinkamina Diane Pie and is the only character so far to have her full name mentioned on the show.
- The baby dragon Spike is a reoccurring character that has shown up in every televised version of “My Little Pony”.
- This show won the 2012 Tubey Awards voter’s choice for “Favorite Animated Show” at Television Without Pity, but the staff pick was for South Park.
- Applejack is the only main character to remain mostly the same to the character she was based on. The other five main pony characters are all amalgamations of several characters from past generations of the show
- The character of Princess Celestia was originally supposed to be Queen Celestia, but Hasbro executives decided against the title of Queen since Disney had started the trend of animated Queens always being villains
- The background character Bon Bon always uses a different voice actress every time she has a speaking role for her appearances
- Although never credited, Lynne Naylor did the final design of Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon.
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is an awesome Cartoon. We have selected the 15 best My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic wallpapers. Download below a high quality My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.