American Dad! is an American animated sitcom created by Seth MacFarlane, Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman for the Fox Broadcasting Company.
Stan Smith, who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist activity. Stan will go to extremes to protect his beloved America from harm; as evidenced by the terror-alert color code on his fridge, and his frequent knee-jerk reaction of shooting holes in the toaster whenever the toast pops up. In addition to Stan’s wife and teenage children, the Smith household has two rather unconventional members. There’s Roger, the sarcastic space alien who rescued Stan from Area 51 who deeply resents the fact that he’s not allowed to leave the house, and therefore, has been reduced to drinking wine and smoking cigarettes, and Klaus, a lascivious, German-speaking goldfish; the result of a CIA experiment gone seriously wrong where the CIA tried to give a fish a German man’s brain. Stan’s son is a dorky teenager who tries to be cool. His wife has had a past life of sex and drugs.
- Roger’s voice is based on Paul Lynde.
- The series was partially inspired by All in the Family.
- Steve’s original design was much geekier and gawky and he was voiced by Ricky Blitt. Halfway through production, his voice actor changed to Scott Grimes and his design was made to be more attractive, so he would be less comparable to Neil Goldman from Family Guy. This design is a caricature of one of the series creators, Mike Barker.
- Fox showed a viewer discretion warning before airing episode 102 “Threat Levels” due to “Cartoon Nudity”.
- Klaus’s voice is based on Peter Lorre.
- Steve’s friend Snot is based on Booger from Revenge of the Nerds and is voiced by Curtis Armstrong, who played Booger.
- In episode 104 (“Francine’s Flashback”), we find out that Francine was 20 in 1985. We can draw from this that Francine was born in 1965, and that in the cartoon she is around 40 years old. This is confirmed in Episode 123 (“Tears of a Clooney”), in which it is Francine’s 39th birthday.
- Hayley says in “Stan Knows Best” that she is 18 years old. Based on this information, we can assume that she was born in either 1986 or 1987 (depending on what month her birthday is in.)
- The headline of the Langley Falls Post that Stan reads in the opening credits is different in every episode.
- In some episodes, the opening sequence is shortened severely, and the final few seconds (the flag and the accompanying “Good morning, USA!”) of animation is all that remains.
- The uniformed officer in the Underdog Productions logo at the end says something different in every episode. (Not unique, just out of a small assortment.)
- The final frame of the introduction was changed for seasons beyond the first. At the end of the credits in the first season, all that could be seen was a big “American Dad!” logo in front of the American Flag. In all subsequent scenes, this logo was shrunk to fit the names to the series creators on the same screen.
- Hayley’s middle name is Dreamsmasher.
- The Season 4 openings changed from different newspaper headlines to Roger in a new disguise at the end.
- In some establishing shots of the Smith house, a yellow ribbon can be seen tied around a tree, which represents the support of soldiers during wartime and their safe return home.
American Dad! is an awesome Cartoon. We have selected the 15 best American Dad! wallpapers. Download below a high quality American Dad! wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.